Friday, March 25, 2011

Run journal - 2011/03/25

I apologize for my lack of diligence in keeping my blog updated. I have had a rough month, between weather and sinus infections. I am way behind schedule for the marathon. I was hoping to get in 16 miles today, and was feeling pretty good throughout the run, but after pushing through several walls my legs called it quits after making it over a little hill. I haven't ever had that experience before.
I think it might have something to do with the fact that I started "Insanity" this week. It is a workout program from the makers of P90X. It is really kicking my trash. My legs have been feeling like jello all week, so I am not totally surprised that they gave out on me.
I am down 20 pounds since January, and 30 from my heaviest, so my knees are reaping some benefits.
I have been playing basketball since I haven't been running over the last several weeks and have noticed a big difference in the amount of pain I experience afterwards.

Distance: 13.4 Miles
Average Pace: 13'29"/mi
Weather: Mild

Curse you D.

No comments:

Post a Comment