Saturday, January 5, 2013

01/05/2013 - Happy New Year!

I have heard that it takes 3 weeks to form a habit... Lets see if I can make it that long.

So after many stops and starts, I am attempting to start again. Since May I have sporadically attempted to run, focusing on speed over short distances, my last run of 2012 being on November 15th. My goal for 2013 is to lose an average of 1 pound per week, or 52 pounds for the year. The weight loss goal will follow the calendar, while my goal of updating this blog on a weekly basis will occur on Saturdays.

My first week of the year was a short one. I ate salad for lunch every day at work. my activity was as follows:
Tuesday 1/1/13 - Ran 2.00 miles at a leisurely 13'23" pace.
Wednesday 1/2/13 - Ran 1.00 mile in 10'59", then lifted some weights, upper body.
Thursday 1/3/13 - Hit the gym again, this time doing abs, back and triceps.
Friday 1/4/13 - Met D. for some cycle time. Reaffirmed that cycling and my seating area are not made for each other. Did about 30 minutes, and legs were wobbly.
Saturday 1/5/13 - Ran 4.00 miles at a pedestrian 14'49" pace, but am happy that I made it without walking... in fact I may not be able to walk at all tomorrow.
My reward for all of this is that I am up 2.6 pounds since Tuesday. I realize that I will be adding muscle weight before seeing any serious weight loss, and as I had lost weight due to sickness over the holidays shouldn't be too surprised to see a small uptick. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Erin is at work right now, and the kids are "enjoying" their last Saturday before school starts back up. (Enjoying = dad is making them get their rooms clean, and not letting them have access to electronics.)

Our family went to zoo-lights for New Year's Eve. Small snowflakes were falling and we enjoyed seeing the lights, but it was too cold for the Taylors. We downed some hot chocolate before heading home. Since we were going to be staying up late, I let everyone drink a Coke with dinner. This provided some entertainment for us as everyone did make it to midnight, but Zachary was a giggling silly mess until he crashed hard about 12:30. He was just laying down giggling and laughing to himself as he was talking to a cat.

Last night the kids and I went to a game night at the church, which was fun for all involved.

Until next week, curse you D!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment