Sunday, May 13, 2012

05/13/2012 - Happy Mother's Day

I finally hit the wall. After 6 months of relative inactivity I pushed my legs too far. Just running probably would have been fine, but adding the Nike +Training workouts really took its toll. On Friday I was over half way through my mile run when my feet and legs started to cramp up. I didn't try to push through because I wanted to allow them a chance to rest a bit before attempting my 3 miler on Saturday. My strategy was wise but ineffective. I only made it about a half mile before my legs and feet started cramping again. This time I pushed through the pain and kept going hoping I could get through it, but unfortunately the pain got worse to the point I thought I was not going to be able to stand or walk, much less run.

I only have one more week of the Nike + Training, so I will focus on that before shifting my concentration back onto running.

Curse you D!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment