Tuesday, May 1, 2012

05/01/2012 - How do you eat an elephant?


One bite at a time. The prospect of losing weight is daunting...I step on the scale and am overwhelmed by how much weight I need to lose. My job involves spending most days in spreadsheets, so it was natural for me to come up with a template to map out a plan of progress. I looked at a couple of potential events I would like to participate in next year and selected June 30, 2013 as the date by which I would like to hit my goal weight. Setting up some quick formulas I was able to figure out how much weight I would need to lose each weekday between now and then (I excluded weekends because I will be weighing myself fully dressed on my scale at work.) Basically I have to lose 1.44 pounds per week to shed the 88 pounds between now and then. While 88 pounds sounds impossible to me, 1.44 pounds a week sounds very doable.

Today I got up early and was in the pool by 6:00. Swam 1800 yards again, but it was a lot more difficult today than it was last Wednesday.

I felt fine all day yesterday after my first mile, but am feeling a bit sore today. I will have to remember to stretch several times today or tomorrow morning's run could get really ugly.

Curse you D!

No comments:

Post a Comment