Thursday, May 3, 2012

05/03/2012 - I suck at flip-turns

Swam 1,800 yard again today. I have never been good at flip-turns, in fact I almost never try to do them. I realize that the only way to get better at them is to practice, so today I did flip-turns exclusively. The good news is that I am now "better" at them, the bad news is I still suck. I missed the wall entirely a couple times. Another couple of times I was too close. Not looking forward to using them again next week.

I am also now remembering some of the less than nice aspects of spending time in chlorinated water. It appears that while swimming I ingest a lot of water. This has some less than optimal consequences throughout the day. I also am starting to have that chlorine smell come out of my pores, and that is after less than 3 hours total time in the water spread over three days.

These realizations caused me to think about some other "enhancements" that will begin to manifest themselves in the future, such as shiny legs, loss of body hair, and potential color changes for the hair on my head.

My legs are feeling much better today than they did Tuesday. My plan is for 1 mile tomorrow morning, then 2 miles on Saturday.

Curse you D!

No comments:

Post a Comment